Pak PM directs ISI to tackle violence in Balochistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has directed the ISI and the Intelligence Bureau to arrest those involved in the deadly bombings in Quetta and join hands with the Balochistan government to end violence in the restive province.
"I have directed Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and IB officers to arrest the culprits involved in recent bombings to make it as a test case", Sharif said, after attending a high-level meeting in Quetta.
"Establishing peace in a city of 20 streets and 20 markets should not be so difficult," he added, taking a swipe at the law enforcement agencies.
Sharif`s visit to Quetta took place two days after a suicide attack claimed 30 lives in the Hazara Town neighbourhood of the city. This was Sharif`s first visit to the troubled province since assuming office last month.
Sharif strongly condemned the attack. "From Gwadar to Khyber, we will improve the situation of the country. Bringing peace in Quetta is not a big deal since it is a small city," he said.
Sharif came to visit Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, to review the law and order situation and also met a tribal delegation of the ethnic Hazara community, which included the relatives and heirs of the victims of the recent bombing targeting the minority community, the Dawn reported.
He assured the provision of every possible security measures for the Hazara community. The Pakistan Muslim League (N) chief said that every person involved in terrorist activities would be held accountable adding that he had instructed all institutions to deal with criminals with iron hands.
Sharif also said that all decisions would be implemented upon and that the issue of targeted killings and missing persons in Balochistan would be accounted for.
Sharif was accompanied by Federal Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan, DG ISI Lt-Gen Zaheerul Islam, the DG Intelligence Bureau (IB), and other top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur