Pak PM directs ISI to tackle violence in Balochistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has directed the ISI and the Intelligence Bureau to arrest those involved in the deadly bombings in Quetta and join hands with the Balochistan government to end violence in the restive province.
"I have directed Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and IB officers to arrest the culprits involved in recent bombings to make it as a test case", Sharif said, after attending a high-level meeting in Quetta.
"Establishing peace in a city of 20 streets and 20 markets should not be so difficult," he added, taking a swipe at the law enforcement agencies.
Sharif`s visit to Quetta took place two days after a suicide attack claimed 30 lives in the Hazara Town neighbourhood of the city. This was Sharif`s first visit to the troubled province since assuming office last month.
Sharif strongly condemned the attack. "From Gwadar to Khyber, we will improve the situation of the country. Bringing peace in Quetta is not a big deal since it is a small city," he said.
Sharif came to visit Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, to review the law and order situation and also met a tribal delegation of the ethnic Hazara community, which included the relatives and heirs of the victims of the recent bombing targeting the minority community, the Dawn reported.
He assured the provision of every possible security measures for the Hazara community. The Pakistan Muslim League (N) chief said that every person involved in terrorist activities would be held accountable adding that he had instructed all institutions to deal with criminals with iron hands.
Sharif also said that all decisions would be implemented upon and that the issue of targeted killings and missing persons in Balochistan would be accounted for.
Sharif was accompanied by Federal Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan, DG ISI Lt-Gen Zaheerul Islam, the DG Intelligence Bureau (IB), and other top officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate