`Pak PM Gilani drove SUV with fake number plate’
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani allegedly used a fake number plate on his vehicle when he drove himself to the Supreme Court on January 19.
The 59-year-old Gilani, dressed in a dark suit, drove a white Land Cruiser bearing registration number LRZ-786.
According to media reports cited by The Express Tribune, the number plate was similar to the one of Lahore resident Muhammad Riaz Ahsan’s car.
In the meantime, the Prime Minister House acknowledged it, saying security concerns were the reason behind changing the number plate.
Gilani was in court amidst tight security to explain why he should not be charged with contempt for failing to re-open old corruption cases against President Asif Ali Zardari. The government maintains Zardari has presidential immunity.
Pakistan`s Supreme Court has adjourned a contempt hearing till February 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary