Pak PM leaves for official visit to Saudi Arabia
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Sunday left for a two-day official visit to Saudi Arabia - his first foreign trip since he assumed office last month.
During the visit, he will meet Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz in Jeddah and perform `Umra`.
The Premier will also offer his condolences to the Saudi King on the death of Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Ashraf, who replaced Yousuf Raza Gilani as the premier last month, will also meet the Pakistani community living in Saudi Arabia.
Talking to reporters at Chaklala airbase in Rawalpindi before his departure, the Premier said he would discuss matters of mutual interest with the Saudi King.
Religious Affairs Minister Syed Khurshid Shah accompanied Ashraf.
Saudi Arabia has close brotherly ties with Pakistan and gives importance to Pakistan`s government and its people, Ashraf said.
The two countries are bound by religious and spiritual ties and Saudi Arabia has always come to Pakistan`s assistance in its hour of need, he said.
Ashraf`s visit comes close on the heels of Saudi Arabia`s decision to deport Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, a key suspect in the Mumbai attacks, to India.
The deportation caused widespread concern in Pakistan`s security establishment as this was the first time Saudi Arabia had handed over a high-profile terror suspect to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj