Pak PM Nawaz Sharif changes name of his office
Islamabad: In one of his first decisions after assuming charge, Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has changed the name of his office.
"Prime Minister Mr Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has decided to rename the Prime Minister`s Secretariat as Prime Minister`s Office with immediate effect," said a brief statement issued by the premier`s media office.
Nasir Mahmood Khosa, a senior bureaucrat from Punjab province, has been appointed the Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Fawad Hassan Fawad was appointed the Additional Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Sharif was formally elected as Prime Minister by the National Assembly or lower house of parliament yesterday.
He was sworn in hours later by President Asif Ali Zardari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued