Pak PM, Prez call for unity to defeat terrorism
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf used their messages on the eve of festival of Eid to urge the nation to unite against the challenges of terrorism, extremism, sectarianism and targeted killings.
Eid-ul-Adha is being celebrated in Pakistan today under tight security and the government has decided to suspend mobile phone service in some sensitive areas over threats.
The President said the country is facing the challenges of terrorism, extremism, sectarianism and target killings and there is a need to inculcate unity, brotherhood, will for sacrifice, religious tolerance, and high qualities to face these challenges.
"We should remember on this auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Azha, the sacrifices of the people rendered in the war against terrorism to defend the country," said the President in his message yesterday.
He called upon the nation to unite for the progress and prosperity of the country by adopting the true spirit of sacrifice, brotherhood, religious tolerance and renouncing hatred and prejudice.
Prime Minister Ashraf in his message said the best way to combat the challenges posed to the nation by extremism, sectarianism and terrorism is that the masses should follow the teaching of Islam.
"We should promote the values of compassion, unity and brotherhood among ourselves and dedicate all our energies to the prosperity and well-being of the country," he said.
The Prime Minister said what the Eid day demands of the masses is that they adopt sacrifice, benevolence and brotherhood as their national character and help establish such a tolerant and harmonious society where its members are able to perform their duties in peace and tranquility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog