Pak PM`s aircraft in emergency landing
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza
Gilani, several federal ministers and a senior Army General
had a narrow escape on Tuesday when their aircraft made emergency
landings in two separate incidents, causing a minor scare.
A special aircraft carrying Gilani and other federal
ministers made an emergency landing shortly after taking off
from a military airbase in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.
The aircraft, which was going to Sukkur in Sindh province,
returned to Chaklala airbase shortly after take-off and made
an emergency landing as it had developed technical problems,
TV news channels quoted officials as saying.
All persons on board the aircraft, including Gilani and
Information Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan, were safe, officials
told the media.
The pilot informed the control tower of technical
problems and then made the emergency landing, they said.
The exact nature of the technical problems could not be
The PM and other ministers were on their way to Sindh to
participate in special events to be held tomorrow to mark the
death anniversary of President Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. The
delegation left for Sukkur later in a different aircraft.
In the other incident, a senior Pakistan Army general and
several other personnel had a narrow escape when a military
helicopter made an emergency landing after developing
technical problems in the northwestern Mohmand tribal region.
Maj Gen Nadir Zeb, Inspector General of the paramilitary
Frontier Corps, and several other personnel were on board the
helicopter when it made an emergency landing at the FC Colony
in Ghalanai, the main town of Mohmand Agency.
All persons on board the helicopter were safe, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
The exact nature of the technical problems could not
immediately be ascertained.
The Frontier Corps plays a crucial role in operations
against the Taliban and other militant groups in the tribal
belt and other areas of northwest Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...