`Pak police arrest 3 in US citizen abduction case`
Islamabad: The Pakistani Police have arrested three suspects in the abduction of US national Warren Weinstein, a police official has said.
The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media, the CNN reports.
Weinstein, a development expert from the United States, was abducted on August 13 when unidentified gunmen, posing as neighbours offering food, pistol-whipped him and his driver and tied up his guards, US embassy and Pakistani officials said.
As Weinstein`s security guards prepared for the meal before the Ramadan fast, three men knocked at the front gate and offered food for the meal- a traditional practice among Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, according to senior Lahore police official Tajamal Hussain.
Once the gate was opened, the three men forced their way in, while five other suspects entered the house from the back and tied up the three security guards and duct-taped their mouths, the report quoted Hussain, as saying.
They pistol-whipped the driver and forced him to take them to Weinstein’s room, where the men hit the US national in his head with a pistol, and forced him out of the house and into a waiting car, Hussain said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday