Pak police arrest 6 terror suspects, including 2 Taliban
Lahore: Pakistani police on Thursday claimed to capture six terror suspects, including two Taliban commanders, in this eastern city.
According to a senior police officer, they along with the officials of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) raided a house in the Shahdara area of Lahore after receiving a tip-off and arrested the six terror suspects a few days ago.
Explosives, suicide jackets, grenades and jehadi literature were recovered from the arrested persons.
Investigations revealed that two of the arrested men are commanders of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan who had fought security forces in the Charbagh area of the restive Swat
The commanders were identified as Abdur Rehman and Muhammad Talha.
"Both had been trained in Afghanistan and they were assigned to target important personalities and installations along with their four facilitators," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje