Pak police arrest 6 terror suspects, including 2 Taliban
Lahore: Pakistani police on Thursday claimed to capture six terror suspects, including two Taliban commanders, in this eastern city.
According to a senior police officer, they along with the officials of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) raided a house in the Shahdara area of Lahore after receiving a tip-off and arrested the six terror suspects a few days ago.
Explosives, suicide jackets, grenades and jehadi literature were recovered from the arrested persons.
Investigations revealed that two of the arrested men are commanders of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan who had fought security forces in the Charbagh area of the restive Swat
The commanders were identified as Abdur Rehman and Muhammad Talha.
"Both had been trained in Afghanistan and they were assigned to target important personalities and installations along with their four facilitators," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'