Pak police arrests senior al Qaeda member
Karachi: Pakistan police claimed to have arrested a senior member of al Qaeda for allegedly supplying explosives for terrorist activities here.
"Baloch Colony police have arrested Adil Azeem Sheikh and found a Kalashnikov and two hand-grenades in his possession," SSP South Munir Ahmed Sheikh said at a press conference yesterday.
The militant was the "right hand" of Talat Hussain, the "supervisor" of al Qaeda`s Sindh and Balochistan chapter, Sheikh said, adding, he brought explosives from Balochistan and provided them to terrorists in Karachi.
The SSP claimed that Sheikh had received training in the Afghan province of Kunar.
Sheikh told interrogators that Talat Hussain had asked him to carry out the bombing at the homecoming caravan of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in Karachi in 2007, but he refused to do so.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources
- UK bows to pressure, will accept Syrian children from Europe
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage