Pak police arrests suicide bomber planning attack at Wagah
Lahore: Pakistani police Wednesday claimed
to have arrested two unidentified men, including a suicide
bomber, who were planning to carry out an attack at the Wagah
land border post with India.
The other arrested person was the alleged
mastermind of a terrorist attack on a commercial hub in this
city that killed over 60 people earlier this month.
Special Superintendent of Police (operations)
Chaudhry Shafiq Ahmad said the alleged mastermind was arrested
along with a suicide bomber near the police training centre at
Manawan, which was attacked by terrorists twice this year.
Ahmad, who did not disclose identities of the two
arrested men, said the duo were planning to carry out a
suicide attack at the Wagah land border post with Amritsar.
He said the suicide bomber belonged to South
Waziristan tribal region. The alleged terrorist mastermind was
responsible for the attack on Moon Market on December 7 that
killed 62 people, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites