Pak police foils terror plot; arrests three persons
Islamabad: Pakistani police on Monday claimed
they have foiled a major terror plot by arresting three
suspects, including a woman, in the federal capital and seized
130 kg of explosives from them.
The suspects were nabbed while trying to enter
Islamabad in a vehicle with the explosive materials.
The vehicle, which was coming from the northwestern
city of Peshawar, was intercepted on the outskirts of
Islamabad, officials said.
The driver of the vehicle and two passengers,
including a woman identified as Amtari Bibi, were arrested.
The suspects were bound for Raja Bazar in the nearby
garrison city of Rawalpindi, Superintendent of Police Jameel
Hashmi told the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back