Pak police foils terror plot; arrests three persons
Islamabad: Pakistani police on Monday claimed
they have foiled a major terror plot by arresting three
suspects, including a woman, in the federal capital and seized
130 kg of explosives from them.
The suspects were nabbed while trying to enter
Islamabad in a vehicle with the explosive materials.
The vehicle, which was coming from the northwestern
city of Peshawar, was intercepted on the outskirts of
Islamabad, officials said.
The driver of the vehicle and two passengers,
including a woman identified as Amtari Bibi, were arrested.
The suspects were bound for Raja Bazar in the nearby
garrison city of Rawalpindi, Superintendent of Police Jameel
Hashmi told the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test