Pak police foils terror plot; arrests three persons
Islamabad: Pakistani police on Monday claimed
they have foiled a major terror plot by arresting three
suspects, including a woman, in the federal capital and seized
130 kg of explosives from them.
The suspects were nabbed while trying to enter
Islamabad in a vehicle with the explosive materials.
The vehicle, which was coming from the northwestern
city of Peshawar, was intercepted on the outskirts of
Islamabad, officials said.
The driver of the vehicle and two passengers,
including a woman identified as Amtari Bibi, were arrested.
The suspects were bound for Raja Bazar in the nearby
garrison city of Rawalpindi, Superintendent of Police Jameel
Hashmi told the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah