Pak police foils terror plot; detains five
Islamabad: Pakistan police on Saturday claimed to have foiled a terror plot in Islamabad, saying it arrested five persons, including two women, and seized explosive filled toys and remote control planes.
According to the police, they carried out search operation in G-15 Khayaban-e-Kashmir area of the federal capital in the wee hours.
During the raid, police recovered 20 Kalashnikovs, four pistols, remote-controlled spying instruments, a hand-grenade, a wireless set and a huge quantity of explosives and detonators from a house, media reports said.
Remote control spy instruments, toys filled with explosives and remote control planes were also recovered from the house, they said, adding that the bomb disposal squad defused the explosives.
The Police are of the view that the remote control planes could be used as a new tactic for carrying out terrorist activity, Geo News reported.
The fresh seizure came days after an explosive-laden vehicle was recovered from Bara Kahu area of Islamabad. While Islamabad is a heavily fortified city, terror threat looms large.
Last month, a would-be suicide bomber was shot dead in a mosque in the same area. His explosive vest had failed to explode after which he opened fire but was shot dead by private security guards posted there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city