Pak police identifies suicide bombers involved in shrine blast
Karachi: Pakistani security agencies
today identified the two suicide bombers who were involved in
the attack on the shrine of Abdullah Shah Ghazi in the city,
last week, in which nine people were killed and 65 injured.
A senior official of the CID police, Fayyaz Khan
confirmed that one of the suicide bombers had been identified
as Badshah Khan a resident of Waziristan.
"We found his national ID card matching his finger
prints and his date of birth on the card is August 1, 1991 and
he hailed from Waziristan," Fayyaz said.
He said the second suicide bomber had also been
identified and belonged to Sialkot in Punjab.
The twin suicide attacks killed some nine people and
injured around 65 people after the security staff at the
entrance of the shrine of the saint tried to intercept the
suicide bombers who blew themselves up.
Khan said that Punjab police were going to bring the
bomber`s family to Karachi for questioning to find out more
details about the suicide bomber.
The law enforcement agencies faced an embarrassing
situation after the blasts when they claimed to have
identified one of the bomber`s and arrested his family when
they came to identify his body at the morgue.
Later it turned out that the so called suicide bomber
was alive and had run away from home after a dispute with his
family. He showed up at the police station after reading news
of his own death and the detention of his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand