Pak police recovers body of killer of 26/11 prosecutor
Islamabad: Pakistan police have recovered a corpse of a man from a house here, and believes it belongs to the killer of Mumbai attack case public prosecutor, according to a media report.
The recent raid on the house of the relatives of Kashmiri separatist leader Asiya Andrabi here was distantly linked to it, according to the report.
Police found the body yesterday from the same house where a car laden with explosives was recovered on August 31 and they believe it belongs to the killer of Chaudhry Zulfikar Ali, the FIA prosecutor in the Mumbai attack and the Benazir Bhutto murder cases, The Dawn daily reported.
The house belonged to Hammad Adil, who during interrogation, confessed to the assassination of the lawyer.
He has already confessed to the killing of former Minorities Affairs Minister Shahbaz Bhatti, the paper said.
According to Adil, the body was of Haris Khan, one of the four people involved in the assassination.
Ali was assassinated on May 3 while going to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Headquarters from his house.
Four armed men intercepted his car near Dak Khana bus stop and opened fire on him with 9mm and 30-bore pistols.
Constable Farman Ali, the prosecutor`s guard belonging to the Frontier Corps, also fired at the attackers. As a result, an attacker`s cellphone and pistol fell on the road.
Quoting Adil, the police said that during the ambush, Abdullah Omar Abbasi and Haris Khan were also injured, but they managed to escape.
The two injured were first taken to one Gilani Manzil in the capital where they were given treatment, the report said.
Later, Abbasi was shifted to the Quaid-i-Azam International Hospital, from where he was arrested on June 13.
On the other hand, Khan remained at Gilani Manzil for a few days and was treated by Syed Mujahid Gilani, the nephew of Dukhtaran-i-Millat chief Asiya Andrabi, the paper said.
However, due to excessive blood loss, Khan succumbed to injuries a few days later. His body was then shifted to Adil`s house where it was buried in the lawn.
Yesterday, the police, accompanied by an assistant commissioner, a magistrate and a medico-legal officer, went to Adil`s house and dug out the body. The remains were then taken to a hospital for legal process, including autopsy and DNA test, to establish identification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department