Pak policeman killed in restive northwest
Islamabad: A policeman and a militant were
on Saturday killed in an exchange of fire at Dera Ismail Khan in
Pakistan`s restive northwest on Saturday.
The gun battle erupted near a private educational
institute when policemen responded to reports of firing
between two men.
The militants lobbed a grenade that killed a policeman,
State-run Radio Pakistan reported a militant and a
policeman were killed in the incident.
There were unconfirmed reports about the presence of more
militant in the educational institution.
Local residents said police had asked them to remain
indoors as troops conducted a search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble