Pak policeman killed in restive northwest
Islamabad: A policeman and a militant were
on Saturday killed in an exchange of fire at Dera Ismail Khan in
Pakistan`s restive northwest on Saturday.
The gun battle erupted near a private educational
institute when policemen responded to reports of firing
between two men.
The militants lobbed a grenade that killed a policeman,
State-run Radio Pakistan reported a militant and a
policeman were killed in the incident.
There were unconfirmed reports about the presence of more
militant in the educational institution.
Local residents said police had asked them to remain
indoors as troops conducted a search operation.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative