Pak policeman kills sister for wearing jeans
Lahore: A Pakistani policeman in this eastern city allegedly shot dead his sister for wearing jeans, officials said on Saturday.
Constable Asad Ali was unhappy with his sister Najma Bibi, 22, for wearing what he considered were "men`s clothes", especially jeans, officials said.
The siblings often quarrelled over the issue and Ali allegedly shot and killed his sister yesterday.
A few days ago, Ali had warned his sister that he would kill her if she did not stop wearing jeans and trousers.
Subsequently, Najma filed a complaint against her brother at the police station in the residential neighbourhood of Shahdara and sought protection.
However, the police took no action against Ali.
According to the FIR filed after the crime, Ali followed Najma when she left the house yesterday and allegedly fired at her near Shahdara Morr, killing her instantly.
Ali managed to escape and police are conducting raids to nab him, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars