Pak prepares for foreign Secy talks with India
Islamabad: Discussions are under way between Pakistan`s home and foreign ministry officials on the agenda for the foreign secretary-level talks with India here next week, a media report said Saturday.
Apart from Interior Minister Rehman Malik and Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, Interior Secretary Chaudhary Qamar-uz-Zaman and other senior officials from both ministries are also involved in the consultations for the talks, slated for June 23-24, the Urdu daily Jang reported.
Pakistan`s High Commissioner Shahid Malik has also arrived from india ahead of the talks and met Malik Friday.
According to the report, the Indian side is likely to inquire about progress in the trial of 26/11 Mumbai attack masterminds as well as raise the matter of Pakistani American Daood Gilani, aka David Coleman Headley`s revelations about the role of the Pakistani spy agency ISI in the terrorist outrage.
The talks between the Indian and Pakistani foreign secretaries, their first since a meet in February on the sidelines of the SAARC summit in Bhutan, could possibly set the stage for talks between their foreign ministers later this year.
Earlier this year, the two neighbours agreed to resume their comprehensive dialogue on all outstanding issues "in a constructive and forward-looking manner".
According to India`s external affairs ministry, the agenda for the meet would include "peace and security, including CBMs (confidence-building measures), Jammu and Kashmir, and promotion of friendly exchanges", Jang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing