Pak President Zardari, family flee to Dubai?
Islamabad: Amid a looming political crisis in Pakistan, President Asif Ali Zardari is reported to have left for Dubai on Tuesday.
The reports were however contradictory. While some reports said Zardari flew to Dubai from Karachi Airport along with his family, while others said only Zardari’s family left for Dubai and not the President himself.
The development came on a day when the Supreme Court ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in a rental power scam and influential cleric Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri put the Pakistani government on notice and demanded the President and Prime Minister resign immediately.
Qadri made the demand while spearheading a million-man march at Islamabad’s Jinnah Avenue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India