Pak Prez seeks report on deaths due to fake drugs
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has sought a report into the death of at least 100 patients undergoing treatment at a Lahore heart hospital from spurious drugs.
Zardari expressed concern over the reports of deaths due to spurious drugs in Lahore and called for a report from the Health Ministry, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said that at least 100 patients at the heart institute have died from reactions to spurious drugs.
Sharif said his team was investigating the drug scandal in Lahore`s Punjab Institute of Cardiology.
The government has sent samples of the medicines to France and Britain for analysis.
Sharif said action would be taken against those found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?