Pak Prez seeks report on deaths due to fake drugs
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has sought a report into the death of at least 100 patients undergoing treatment at a Lahore heart hospital from spurious drugs.
Zardari expressed concern over the reports of deaths due to spurious drugs in Lahore and called for a report from the Health Ministry, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said that at least 100 patients at the heart institute have died from reactions to spurious drugs.
Sharif said his team was investigating the drug scandal in Lahore`s Punjab Institute of Cardiology.
The government has sent samples of the medicines to France and Britain for analysis.
Sharif said action would be taken against those found guilty.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Delhi govt approves proposal to set up memorial on APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell four-for guides Kolkata Knight Riders to 7-run win over Kings XI Punjab
- Heated debate takes place in Rajya Sabha on VVIP chopper deal: Top quotes
- 'Catastrophic wildfires' force thousands to flee in Canada
- Man killed by son-in-law