Pak Prez Zardari likely to visit Ajmer on April 8
Islamabad/New Delhi: Pakistan President Asif
Ali Zardari is likely to visit Ajmer on April 8 to pay
obeisance at the famous Sufi shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin
A request for a "private visit" by the President has
been forwarded to the Indian side, though a date for the trip
is yet to be finalised, sources in the Pakistan government
However, sources in Delhi said the visit is likely to
take place on April 8.
The Pakistani sources said the government has kept
Zardari`s planned visit to the famous 13th century shrine in
Ajmer in Rajasthan under wraps as it is intended to be a
"purely private" matter.
"The visit is supposed to be devoid of political or
diplomatic content but since it involves the President, the
possibility of some meetings with Indian leaders cannot be
ruled out," said a source familiar with the plans for the
Presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar confirmed that
Zardari had expressed a wish to visit the shrine at Ajmer and
that a request had been sent to the Indian government at the
"However, no date has been finalised for the President`s
visit to India so far," Babar said.
A Presidential aide, who spoke on condition that he would
not be named, said Zardari`s visit to Ajmer had been in the
pipeline for almost a year.
"This visit has been planned since last year as the
President wants to make a trip to the dargah in Ajmer," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA