Pak prisoner to be released by India after 15 months detention
Lahore: Pakistani prisoner Sikander Azam is set to be released on Monday by Indian authorities after 15 months of detention.
Azam, who completed his sentence in July 201l, will cross the Wagha Border on October 9 with two other prisoners, reports the news agency.
Azam was arrested from Jammu railway station on July 18, 2008 under the Public Safety Act, and was sentenced to three years`` imprisonment and was fined. Despite completing the sentence on July 18, 2011 he was kept in confinement at Jammu jail due to pending legal formalities.
Azam``s Indian counsel Bhim Singh said the Indian Supreme Court directed that he should be shifted to a guest house since he was no more a prisoner, following which he was shifted to a guest house in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'