Pak procures 13 Cobra gunship helicopters from US
Islamabad: Pakistan has procured 13 Cobra
gunship helicopters from the US for use as spare parts for its
The AH-1F Cobra helicopters will be shipped to Pakistan
from a US facility in Alabama later this year, the American
embassy said in a statement here.
The 13 helicopters are part of a larger transaction
finalised in 2007 under which Pakistan also procured and
refurbished 12 Cobras for its fleet.
During the past three years, US civilian and security
assistance to Pakistan has totalled over Rs 340 billion or
four billion dollars.
The US has also funded and provided training for more
than 370 Pakistani military officers in a wide range of
leadership and development programmes covering topics like
counter-terrorism, intelligence, logistics, medical, flight
safety and military law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical