Pak procures 13 Cobra gunship helicopters from US
Islamabad: Pakistan has procured 13 Cobra
gunship helicopters from the US for use as spare parts for its
The AH-1F Cobra helicopters will be shipped to Pakistan
from a US facility in Alabama later this year, the American
embassy said in a statement here.
The 13 helicopters are part of a larger transaction
finalised in 2007 under which Pakistan also procured and
refurbished 12 Cobras for its fleet.
During the past three years, US civilian and security
assistance to Pakistan has totalled over Rs 340 billion or
four billion dollars.
The US has also funded and provided training for more
than 370 Pakistani military officers in a wide range of
leadership and development programmes covering topics like
counter-terrorism, intelligence, logistics, medical, flight
safety and military law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!