Pak pulls out of a trilateral meeting with Afghan

Last Updated: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 21:01

Islamabad: Pakistan says it will not attend the next round of talks with the United States and Afghanistan in protest over an especially deadly American missile attack.
A foreign office ministry statement says Pakistan will not attend the trilateral talks proposed by the United States for Brussels on March 26. Pakistan had been scheduled to send its deputy foreign minister to the meeting.

The US Embassy declined comment because it was not aware any meeting had been proposed.

Friday`s cancellation is a sign of rising tensions between Islamabad and Washington. They were already high over the case of an American CIA contractor who shot and killed two Pakistanis but was freed this week.

Pakistan said around 36 people died in Thursday`s strike in North Waziristan.

Bureau Report



First Published: Friday, March 18, 2011 - 21:01

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus