Pak Rangers shot dead two smugglers
Lahore: Pakistani border guards shot dead two alleged Pakistani smugglers while they were trying to sneak into the country from India in the Wagah sector, officials said on Sunday.
Officials said six smugglers had attempted to enter Pakistan from the Indian side near Aichugill village yesterday when they were challenged by Pakistan Rangers personnel.
They said the men fired at the Pakistan Rangers, who returned fire, killing two of them instantly.
Two others were arrested while the others managed to flee.
The dead men were identified as Aqeel Shah of Muridke, and Muhammad Kamran of Pattoki. Both were in their twenties.
The border guards seized 150 bottles of liquor and cigarette cartons from the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery