Pak Rangers shot dead two smugglers
Lahore: Pakistani border guards shot dead two alleged Pakistani smugglers while they were trying to sneak into the country from India in the Wagah sector, officials said on Sunday.
Officials said six smugglers had attempted to enter Pakistan from the Indian side near Aichugill village yesterday when they were challenged by Pakistan Rangers personnel.
They said the men fired at the Pakistan Rangers, who returned fire, killing two of them instantly.
Two others were arrested while the others managed to flee.
The dead men were identified as Aqeel Shah of Muridke, and Muhammad Kamran of Pattoki. Both were in their twenties.
The border guards seized 150 bottles of liquor and cigarette cartons from the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday