Pak Rangers shot dead two smugglers
Lahore: Pakistani border guards shot dead two alleged Pakistani smugglers while they were trying to sneak into the country from India in the Wagah sector, officials said on Sunday.
Officials said six smugglers had attempted to enter Pakistan from the Indian side near Aichugill village yesterday when they were challenged by Pakistan Rangers personnel.
They said the men fired at the Pakistan Rangers, who returned fire, killing two of them instantly.
Two others were arrested while the others managed to flee.
The dead men were identified as Aqeel Shah of Muridke, and Muhammad Kamran of Pattoki. Both were in their twenties.
The border guards seized 150 bottles of liquor and cigarette cartons from the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town