Pak Rangers shot dead two smugglers
Lahore: Pakistani border guards shot dead two alleged Pakistani smugglers while they were trying to sneak into the country from India in the Wagah sector, officials said on Sunday.
Officials said six smugglers had attempted to enter Pakistan from the Indian side near Aichugill village yesterday when they were challenged by Pakistan Rangers personnel.
They said the men fired at the Pakistan Rangers, who returned fire, killing two of them instantly.
Two others were arrested while the others managed to flee.
The dead men were identified as Aqeel Shah of Muridke, and Muhammad Kamran of Pattoki. Both were in their twenties.
The border guards seized 150 bottles of liquor and cigarette cartons from the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?