Pak Rangers shot dead two smugglers
Lahore: Pakistani border guards shot dead two alleged Pakistani smugglers while they were trying to sneak into the country from India in the Wagah sector, officials said on Sunday.
Officials said six smugglers had attempted to enter Pakistan from the Indian side near Aichugill village yesterday when they were challenged by Pakistan Rangers personnel.
They said the men fired at the Pakistan Rangers, who returned fire, killing two of them instantly.
Two others were arrested while the others managed to flee.
The dead men were identified as Aqeel Shah of Muridke, and Muhammad Kamran of Pattoki. Both were in their twenties.
The border guards seized 150 bottles of liquor and cigarette cartons from the smugglers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report