Pak receives last batch of F-16 combat jets
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday received the
last six of a batch of 18 F-16 combat jets ordered from the
Pakistan had signed a contract with the US
administration in 2005-06 for the 18 F-16 C/D Block 52
The arrival of the six jets marked the delivery of all
18 planes by the US, the Pakistan Air Force said.
The jets flew into Shahbaz airbase in Jacobabad city
in southern Sindh province.
The F-16 C/D Block 52 jets are equipped with a
sophisticated avionics suite and latest weapons with night
precision attack capability, the PAF said.
The jets were acquired by the PAF as part of its bid
to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities, the
The first batch of three F-16s arrived in Pakistan in
May, the second batch of three jets in October and third batch
of six aircraft was delivered last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights