Pak receives last batch of F-16 combat jets
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday received the
last six of a batch of 18 F-16 combat jets ordered from the
Pakistan had signed a contract with the US
administration in 2005-06 for the 18 F-16 C/D Block 52
The arrival of the six jets marked the delivery of all
18 planes by the US, the Pakistan Air Force said.
The jets flew into Shahbaz airbase in Jacobabad city
in southern Sindh province.
The F-16 C/D Block 52 jets are equipped with a
sophisticated avionics suite and latest weapons with night
precision attack capability, the PAF said.
The jets were acquired by the PAF as part of its bid
to modernise and enhance its air defence capabilities, the
The first batch of three F-16s arrived in Pakistan in
May, the second batch of three jets in October and third batch
of six aircraft was delivered last month.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts