Pak rejects Karzai`s assassination bid allegation
Islamabad: Islamabad Saturday dismissed Afghan President Hamid Karzai`s allegation that the assassination bid on Afghan intelligence chief was planned in Pakistan`s Quetta city, Xinhua reported.
Assadullah Khalid, head of Afghanistan`s National Directorate of Security (NDS) and a confidant of Karzai, was injured in Thursday`s attack in a guest house of the spy agency in Kabul.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in revenge for the recent execution of several Taliban prisoners, saying the attacker posed as a peace messenger.
On Saturday, Karzai, however, ruled out the possibility of Taliban`s involvement in the attack, saying it was impossible for Taliban to carry out what he described as a "complicated attack".
He alleged that the attack was planned by Pakistan-based militants and called for investigation to ascertain the attackers.
Pakistan, however, asked Kabul to share intelligence with Pakistan instead of levelling charges.
"Before levelling charges the Afghan government would do well if they shared information or evidence with the government of Pakistan that they might have with regard to the cowardly attack on the head of NDS.
"They would also do well by ordering an investigation into any lapses in the security arrangements around the NDS chief," Pakistan`s foreign ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam