Pak rejects Karzai`s assassination bid allegation
Islamabad: Islamabad Saturday dismissed Afghan President Hamid Karzai`s allegation that the assassination bid on Afghan intelligence chief was planned in Pakistan`s Quetta city, Xinhua reported.
Assadullah Khalid, head of Afghanistan`s National Directorate of Security (NDS) and a confidant of Karzai, was injured in Thursday`s attack in a guest house of the spy agency in Kabul.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in revenge for the recent execution of several Taliban prisoners, saying the attacker posed as a peace messenger.
On Saturday, Karzai, however, ruled out the possibility of Taliban`s involvement in the attack, saying it was impossible for Taliban to carry out what he described as a "complicated attack".
He alleged that the attack was planned by Pakistan-based militants and called for investigation to ascertain the attackers.
Pakistan, however, asked Kabul to share intelligence with Pakistan instead of levelling charges.
"Before levelling charges the Afghan government would do well if they shared information or evidence with the government of Pakistan that they might have with regard to the cowardly attack on the head of NDS.
"They would also do well by ordering an investigation into any lapses in the security arrangements around the NDS chief," Pakistan`s foreign ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’