Pak rescues 200 kids being trained as suicide bombers
Islamabad: About 200 boys, some as young as six years, were rescued by Pakistani security forces from Taliban camps in the lawless Swat valley where they were being "brainwashed" and trained to become suicide bombers.
The troops have kept the children in Mardan area where
they will go through "mental rehabilitation" with the help of
psychiatrists so that they can return to a normal life.
The boys, whose age ranges between 6 and 13 years, have
been so thoroughly "brainwashed" that they consider all others
as "infidels", senior North West Frontier Province Minister
Bashir Bilour was quoted as telling the Geo News channel.
"These children have brainwashed in a way that now they
even want to kill their own parents," he said, adding, however
they were not administered any drugs.
Bilour said some children were pleased when they were
handed over to their parents. But, a few days later, the
parents came back with complaints that the boys are now
threatening to "kill them", the report said.
Several would-be suicide bombers had been rescued from
the captivity of militants, Mingora commander Brigadier Tahir
Hameed also told the media.
"We are trying to bring them back on track," he said
adding, "arrangements are now being made to enrol them in
schools with free boarding and lodging and give them monthly
He said the Taliban turned to children for using them as
suicide bombers because they were easily influenced and less
likely to be caught while undertaking an operation.
"They are told that the Pakistani Army has become an
enemy of Islam, as it is fighting for Christians and Jews,"
said a senior official involved in the interrogation of
potential suicide bombers who have been captured.
On the day of a planned attack, the suicide bomber is
taken to a mosque to be congratulated for being chosen by the
God. "Sometimes he is also heavily drugged before the attack,"
The Nation newspaper quoted the brigadier as saying.
Pakistan Air Force yesterday destroyed one such suicide
bombing training centre in the restive Khyber tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'