Pak rules out official security for Musharraf in London
Islamabad: A senior leader of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has denied media reports that former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has been given official security in London where he has decided to live in exile.
No official security has been provided to Musharraf in London, Online news agency quoted Fouzia Wahab, information secretary of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), as saying here on Wednesday.
Earlier, media reports quoted Pakistan`s High Commissioner to Britain Wajid Sham-ul-Hassan as saying that the former dictator has been given full protocol of an ex-president during his stay in London.
A 12-member team of Pakistan Army`s regular officers has been deputed at Musharraf`s luxurious residence situated on the Edgware Road, London, for his security and for providing him daily services, The News newspaper reported on Wednesday, citing sources at the High Commission.
Wahab, however, termed the reports "baseless and fabricated" and said that "Musharraf was not given any special security from the government of Pakistan".
She said that how it is possible for a former ruler to have army personnel for his security in another state.
In response to a question she said that there was no room for terrorism and extremism in the country as it is constant threat to the national integrity and solidarity of country.
Musharraf has reportedly "conceded to his exile in London" and made up his mind not to return to Pakistan in the wake of the Supreme Court`s ruling that the emergency imposed by him in 2007 was unconstitutional.
Senior PML(Q) leader Faisal Saleh Hayat, who met the general in London recently, has said that Musharraf has also given up his plans to enter the political arena in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!