Pak SC claims arms smuggled into Karachi from India, Israel, US, NATO, Russia
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court has claimed that illegal arms were being smuggled to Karachi from southern countries, like India and Israel, and northern nations, including Russia, NATO and the United States.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said that if the government makes a resolution, then not a single bullet can come in the country illegally, the Daily Times reports.
He said if they have to save the country from instability, then steps needs to be taken by imposing a curfew.
The statement came in response to an investigation report filed by the Customs Chief Collector Muhammad Yahya on arms smuggled from northern areas, like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
According to the report, there was lack of coordination between customs officials and officers of the law enforcement agencies on the matter of arms smuggling.
The court has directed both agencies to increase their mutual contacts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred