Pak SC claims arms smuggled into Karachi from India, Israel, US, NATO, Russia
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court has claimed that illegal arms were being smuggled to Karachi from southern countries, like India and Israel, and northern nations, including Russia, NATO and the United States.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said that if the government makes a resolution, then not a single bullet can come in the country illegally, the Daily Times reports.
He said if they have to save the country from instability, then steps needs to be taken by imposing a curfew.
The statement came in response to an investigation report filed by the Customs Chief Collector Muhammad Yahya on arms smuggled from northern areas, like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
According to the report, there was lack of coordination between customs officials and officers of the law enforcement agencies on the matter of arms smuggling.
The court has directed both agencies to increase their mutual contacts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof