Pak SC claims arms smuggled into Karachi from India, Israel, US, NATO, Russia
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court has claimed that illegal arms were being smuggled to Karachi from southern countries, like India and Israel, and northern nations, including Russia, NATO and the United States.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry said that if the government makes a resolution, then not a single bullet can come in the country illegally, the Daily Times reports.
He said if they have to save the country from instability, then steps needs to be taken by imposing a curfew.
The statement came in response to an investigation report filed by the Customs Chief Collector Muhammad Yahya on arms smuggled from northern areas, like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
According to the report, there was lack of coordination between customs officials and officers of the law enforcement agencies on the matter of arms smuggling.
The court has directed both agencies to increase their mutual contacts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested