‘Pak SC could open Zulfikar A Bhutto murder case’
Islamabad: Terming the case of former Pakistan Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto as a `judicial murder`, former Supreme Court Bar Association president Aitzaz Ahsan has said the apex court could reopen the case.
In an interview to a private television channel, Ahsan said `exemplary punishment` should be given to those responsible for Bhutto` execution.
He claimed that former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz had prepared the reference against Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry in collaboration with a joint secretary, and that it was approved by the signatories in a huff, The Daily Times reports.
Ahsan said the Supreme Court could also take sou motu notice on Benazir`s assassination, as the UN Commission probing the case does not have a mandate to hold a criminal probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery