‘Pak SC could open Zulfikar A Bhutto murder case’
Islamabad: Terming the case of former Pakistan Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto as a `judicial murder`, former Supreme Court Bar Association president Aitzaz Ahsan has said the apex court could reopen the case.
In an interview to a private television channel, Ahsan said `exemplary punishment` should be given to those responsible for Bhutto` execution.
He claimed that former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz had prepared the reference against Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry in collaboration with a joint secretary, and that it was approved by the signatories in a huff, The Daily Times reports.
Ahsan said the Supreme Court could also take sou motu notice on Benazir`s assassination, as the UN Commission probing the case does not have a mandate to hold a criminal probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference