Pak SC gives ‘last chance’ to NAB to implement NRO verdicts
Islamabad: The Supreme Court of Pakistan has given “a last chance” to the National Audit Bureau (NAB) chairman to file a progress report on the implementation of National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) verdicts.
On Friday, a three-member bench comprising Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Chaudhry Ijaz Ahmed and Justice Ghulam Rabbani expressed displeasure over the implementation of the NRO verdict.
NAB chairman Naved Ahsan claimed that he was under the impression that certain court directives were to be implemented by the attorney general or the Law Ministry.
The Daily Times quoted the bench, as saying that it was giving the NAB chairman a chance because of his assurance that all necessary steps would be taken to implement the NRO directives.
The court also warned the NAB chairman of a pay freeze in case he failed to implement the court directives.
“It may be cleared that if no action is taken by him, directives would be given [to disallow anyone] on behalf of NAB from appearing until the directive on the NAB prosecutor general and the additional prosecutor general is [complied with],” said the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra