Pak SC issues contempt notice to Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court on Wednesday issued a contempt notice to Interior Minister Rehman Malik for constituting a new investigating team to probe the alleged corruption in a state-run steel company without seeking its consent.
A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry issued the notice to Malik for violating its orders in connection with the Pakistan Steel Mills (PSM) case.
The bench directed Malik to respond to the notice in two weeks.
The court issued the contempt notice while announcing its verdict in a suo motu case regarding alleged irregularities in PSM involving Rs 26.5 billion.
The bench expressed its complete dissatisfaction and lack of trust in the probe conducted by the Federal Investigation Agency and said the case should be transferred to the National Accountability Bureau, Pakistan`s main anti-corruption watchdog.
The apex court directed the NAB chief to personally supervise the investigation and conclude the probe in three months.
The NAB chief was asked to submit a compliance report every 15 days.
The court also ordered the cancellation of bail granted to accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you