Pak SC moved for treason case against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court Bar Association has filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking high treason proceedings against former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The applicant, former LHCBA president Advocate Taufeeq Asif, said that Musharraf not only breached the law of the country and put the judges in prison by imposing emergency but also took several unconstitutional measures, reports the Daily Times.
Asif pleaded the court that Musharraf should be put on the Exit Control List and a case be registered against him for disloyalty with the country. He also requested the court to bar Musharraf from contesting the next General Elections.
The petition has contended that the court had held Musharraf responsible for subversion of the Constitution. It also said that federal government had been failed in its duty to prosecute the former president under the High Treason Act 1973 in the last five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times