Pak SC moved for treason case against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court Bar Association has filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking high treason proceedings against former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The applicant, former LHCBA president Advocate Taufeeq Asif, said that Musharraf not only breached the law of the country and put the judges in prison by imposing emergency but also took several unconstitutional measures, reports the Daily Times.
Asif pleaded the court that Musharraf should be put on the Exit Control List and a case be registered against him for disloyalty with the country. He also requested the court to bar Musharraf from contesting the next General Elections.
The petition has contended that the court had held Musharraf responsible for subversion of the Constitution. It also said that federal government had been failed in its duty to prosecute the former president under the High Treason Act 1973 in the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?