Pak SC moved for treason case against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court Bar Association has filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking high treason proceedings against former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The applicant, former LHCBA president Advocate Taufeeq Asif, said that Musharraf not only breached the law of the country and put the judges in prison by imposing emergency but also took several unconstitutional measures, reports the Daily Times.
Asif pleaded the court that Musharraf should be put on the Exit Control List and a case be registered against him for disloyalty with the country. He also requested the court to bar Musharraf from contesting the next General Elections.
The petition has contended that the court had held Musharraf responsible for subversion of the Constitution. It also said that federal government had been failed in its duty to prosecute the former president under the High Treason Act 1973 in the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened