Pak SC moved for treason case against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court Bar Association has filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking high treason proceedings against former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The applicant, former LHCBA president Advocate Taufeeq Asif, said that Musharraf not only breached the law of the country and put the judges in prison by imposing emergency but also took several unconstitutional measures, reports the Daily Times.
Asif pleaded the court that Musharraf should be put on the Exit Control List and a case be registered against him for disloyalty with the country. He also requested the court to bar Musharraf from contesting the next General Elections.
The petition has contended that the court had held Musharraf responsible for subversion of the Constitution. It also said that federal government had been failed in its duty to prosecute the former president under the High Treason Act 1973 in the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!