Pak SC moved for treason case against Musharraf
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court Bar Association has filed an application in the Supreme Court seeking high treason proceedings against former president Pervez Musharraf under Article 6 of the Constitution.
The applicant, former LHCBA president Advocate Taufeeq Asif, said that Musharraf not only breached the law of the country and put the judges in prison by imposing emergency but also took several unconstitutional measures, reports the Daily Times.
Asif pleaded the court that Musharraf should be put on the Exit Control List and a case be registered against him for disloyalty with the country. He also requested the court to bar Musharraf from contesting the next General Elections.
The petition has contended that the court had held Musharraf responsible for subversion of the Constitution. It also said that federal government had been failed in its duty to prosecute the former president under the High Treason Act 1973 in the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?