Pak SC refuses to accept petition against US drone attacks
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has refused to entertain a petition filed against US drone attacks .
The apex court said that the matter did not fall in its jurisdiction.
The petition was filed by lawyer Saeed Khursheed Ahmed on June 24.
The registrar office of the apex court returned the petition advising Ahmed to "approach the proper forum for redressal of his grievance."
According to Dawn News, the court pointed out that "the drone attacks are being made in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) wherein this court has no jurisdiction under Article 184 (3).
The petitioner asked the court to determine "whether the Pakistan government had any executive agreement with the US which permitted the CIA for conducting the drone attacks inside Pakistan?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam