Pak SC refuses to accept petition against US drone attacks
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has refused to entertain a petition filed against US drone attacks .
The apex court said that the matter did not fall in its jurisdiction.
The petition was filed by lawyer Saeed Khursheed Ahmed on June 24.
The registrar office of the apex court returned the petition advising Ahmed to "approach the proper forum for redressal of his grievance."
According to Dawn News, the court pointed out that "the drone attacks are being made in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) wherein this court has no jurisdiction under Article 184 (3).
The petitioner asked the court to determine "whether the Pakistan government had any executive agreement with the US which permitted the CIA for conducting the drone attacks inside Pakistan?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal