Pak SC refuses to accept petition against US drone attacks
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has refused to entertain a petition filed against US drone attacks .
The apex court said that the matter did not fall in its jurisdiction.
The petition was filed by lawyer Saeed Khursheed Ahmed on June 24.
The registrar office of the apex court returned the petition advising Ahmed to "approach the proper forum for redressal of his grievance."
According to Dawn News, the court pointed out that "the drone attacks are being made in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) wherein this court has no jurisdiction under Article 184 (3).
The petitioner asked the court to determine "whether the Pakistan government had any executive agreement with the US which permitted the CIA for conducting the drone attacks inside Pakistan?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way