Pak SC refuses to accept petition against US drone attacks
Islamabad: The Pakistan Supreme Court has refused to entertain a petition filed against US drone attacks .
The apex court said that the matter did not fall in its jurisdiction.
The petition was filed by lawyer Saeed Khursheed Ahmed on June 24.
The registrar office of the apex court returned the petition advising Ahmed to "approach the proper forum for redressal of his grievance."
According to Dawn News, the court pointed out that "the drone attacks are being made in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) wherein this court has no jurisdiction under Article 184 (3).
The petitioner asked the court to determine "whether the Pakistan government had any executive agreement with the US which permitted the CIA for conducting the drone attacks inside Pakistan?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly