Pak SC strips Rehman Malik, predecessors of `unlimited perks`
Islamabad: The Supreme Court of Pakistan has stripped former interior minister Rehman Malik and his predecessors of unlimited perks and privileges.
Earlier in March, the Interior Ministry had issued a notification declaring unlimited perks and privileges for Malik and his predecessors.
According to the notification, former federal interior ministers and federal ministers, excluding caretaker federal ministers, who had held the office when the Constitution stood suspended, can avail benefit from facilities like protocol coverage, reports The Daily Times.
The notification further stated that security is to be provided by the Federal Investigation Agency to the ministers, their spouses and children at all airports of the country, while the services of a personal staff officer, a driver, and an orderly are all to be appointed by the National Database Regulatory Authority.
In view of former premier Raja Pervez Ashraf`s order extending an "unprecedented security protocol" for himself and former premier Yousaf Raza Gilani, the apex court was informed that Rs 272.51 million would spend annually from public exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you