Pak SC to pronounce judgement in Musharraf case today
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court will
on Friday pronounce judgement in the case challenging the
decisions of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf to impose
emergency in 2007 and his actions in sacking dozens of judges.
The arguments in the case were completed earlier today
but the 14-member bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar M
Chaudhary fixed 3 p.m. (local time) to give its ruling after
the court broke up for customary Friday prayers, said lawyers,
who argued in the case.
Musharraf, the former military dictator who is now in
London, defied summons and did not attend the court`s
proceedings. Neither was he represented by his counsel in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi