Pak SC to pronounce judgement in Musharraf case today
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Supreme Court will
on Friday pronounce judgement in the case challenging the
decisions of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf to impose
emergency in 2007 and his actions in sacking dozens of judges.
The arguments in the case were completed earlier today
but the 14-member bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar M
Chaudhary fixed 3 p.m. (local time) to give its ruling after
the court broke up for customary Friday prayers, said lawyers,
who argued in the case.
Musharraf, the former military dictator who is now in
London, defied summons and did not attend the court`s
proceedings. Neither was he represented by his counsel in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions