Pak SC’s notice to PM Ashraf over contempt law
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Supreme Court has issued a notice to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in a case regarding the newly introduced contempt of court law.
The court also issued notices to the law minister, Senate chairman, Cabinet Division secretary and Establishment Division secretary.
Earlier, a three-judge bench of the apex court, including Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhr, heard the petition filed by Supreme Court lawyer Baz Muhammad Kakar and Balochistan Bar Association former president Manzoor Bangulzai, The Daily Times reports.
According to the paper, all the 11 petitioners have also been informed accordingly.
The petition pleaded that the bill was contrary to the Constitution and aimed at benefiting a few elites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH