Pak SC’s notice to PM Ashraf over contempt law
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Supreme Court has issued a notice to Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in a case regarding the newly introduced contempt of court law.
The court also issued notices to the law minister, Senate chairman, Cabinet Division secretary and Establishment Division secretary.
Earlier, a three-judge bench of the apex court, including Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhr, heard the petition filed by Supreme Court lawyer Baz Muhammad Kakar and Balochistan Bar Association former president Manzoor Bangulzai, The Daily Times reports.
According to the paper, all the 11 petitioners have also been informed accordingly.
The petition pleaded that the bill was contrary to the Constitution and aimed at benefiting a few elites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray