Pak security forces arrest top leader of Taliban-linked group
Islamabad: A security personnel was
injured when he stepped on a landmine in Pakistan`s restive
tribal belt while security forces captured a senior leader of
the banned Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariah Muhammadi group in the
Swat valley, officials said.
Personnel of the Khasadar militia were patrolling
Chinari village, 59 km west of Ghalanai, the main town of
Mohmand Agency, when one of them stepped on the landmine.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where officials
said he was out of danger.
In the Swat valley, police arrested Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-
Shariah Muhammadi leader Moulvi Safiullah during an operation
in Chapriyal sub-division.
The TNSM has close links to the banned Pakistani
Officials said Safiullah was a close aide of TNSM
chief Sufi Muhammad and was wanted for several crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside