Pak security forces kill 11 militants
Peshawar: At least 11 militants were killed on Thursday by security forces in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
Seven militants were killed and nine injured in a shootout in Mashti in Orakzai Agency, while four were killed in Kabal area of Swat, Geo News reported quoting official sources.
Militants had ambushed a cavalcade of security forces while they were on their way to Saigram area in Swat on Thursday morning.
At least four militants were killed in the encounter.
Security forces also shelled hideouts of extremists in Bara area of Khyber Agency, but there was no report of any casualty.
At least 400 militants have been killed by security forces in the tribal region during the past month, while over 15 militant training centres and at least 60 hideouts have been destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill