Pak security forces kill 11 militants
Peshawar: At least 11 militants were killed on Thursday by security forces in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
Seven militants were killed and nine injured in a shootout in Mashti in Orakzai Agency, while four were killed in Kabal area of Swat, Geo News reported quoting official sources.
Militants had ambushed a cavalcade of security forces while they were on their way to Saigram area in Swat on Thursday morning.
At least four militants were killed in the encounter.
Security forces also shelled hideouts of extremists in Bara area of Khyber Agency, but there was no report of any casualty.
At least 400 militants have been killed by security forces in the tribal region during the past month, while over 15 militant training centres and at least 60 hideouts have been destroyed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India