Pak security forces kill 11 militants
Peshawar: At least 11 militants were killed on Thursday by security forces in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
Seven militants were killed and nine injured in a shootout in Mashti in Orakzai Agency, while four were killed in Kabal area of Swat, Geo News reported quoting official sources.
Militants had ambushed a cavalcade of security forces while they were on their way to Saigram area in Swat on Thursday morning.
At least four militants were killed in the encounter.
Security forces also shelled hideouts of extremists in Bara area of Khyber Agency, but there was no report of any casualty.
At least 400 militants have been killed by security forces in the tribal region during the past month, while over 15 militant training centres and at least 60 hideouts have been destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference