Pak security forces kill 11 militants
Peshawar: At least 11 militants were killed on Thursday by security forces in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
Seven militants were killed and nine injured in a shootout in Mashti in Orakzai Agency, while four were killed in Kabal area of Swat, Geo News reported quoting official sources.
Militants had ambushed a cavalcade of security forces while they were on their way to Saigram area in Swat on Thursday morning.
At least four militants were killed in the encounter.
Security forces also shelled hideouts of extremists in Bara area of Khyber Agency, but there was no report of any casualty.
At least 400 militants have been killed by security forces in the tribal region during the past month, while over 15 militant training centres and at least 60 hideouts have been destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter