Pak security forces kill 11 militants
Peshawar: At least 11 militants were killed on Thursday by security forces in Pakistan`s tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
Seven militants were killed and nine injured in a shootout in Mashti in Orakzai Agency, while four were killed in Kabal area of Swat, Geo News reported quoting official sources.
Militants had ambushed a cavalcade of security forces while they were on their way to Saigram area in Swat on Thursday morning.
At least four militants were killed in the encounter.
Security forces also shelled hideouts of extremists in Bara area of Khyber Agency, but there was no report of any casualty.
At least 400 militants have been killed by security forces in the tribal region during the past month, while over 15 militant training centres and at least 60 hideouts have been destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today