Pak security forces kill 6 Afghan-based militants
Islamabad: Afghan-based militants intruded into the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan, triggering a clash in which security forces gunned down six rebels, military sources said on Thursday.
The militants intruded into Kitkot area of Bajaur Agency late last night. The militants were encircled by Pakistani security forces, the sources said.
According to the latest reports, six militants were killed by the troops. The operation against the militants was continuing, the sources said.
The Pakistani military has said that Taliban elements based in Afghanistan were responsible for a string of recent attacks on border posts.
In one attack in the Dir area, the militants captured and beheaded 17 Pakistani troops.
Pakistani military commanders have raised the issue with NATO commanders in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!