Pak security forces kill 6 Afghan-based militants
Islamabad: Afghan-based militants intruded into the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan, triggering a clash in which security forces gunned down six rebels, military sources said on Thursday.
The militants intruded into Kitkot area of Bajaur Agency late last night. The militants were encircled by Pakistani security forces, the sources said.
According to the latest reports, six militants were killed by the troops. The operation against the militants was continuing, the sources said.
The Pakistani military has said that Taliban elements based in Afghanistan were responsible for a string of recent attacks on border posts.
In one attack in the Dir area, the militants captured and beheaded 17 Pakistani troops.
Pakistani military commanders have raised the issue with NATO commanders in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!