Pak security forces kill 6 Afghan-based militants
Islamabad: Afghan-based militants intruded into the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan, triggering a clash in which security forces gunned down six rebels, military sources said on Thursday.
The militants intruded into Kitkot area of Bajaur Agency late last night. The militants were encircled by Pakistani security forces, the sources said.
According to the latest reports, six militants were killed by the troops. The operation against the militants was continuing, the sources said.
The Pakistani military has said that Taliban elements based in Afghanistan were responsible for a string of recent attacks on border posts.
In one attack in the Dir area, the militants captured and beheaded 17 Pakistani troops.
Pakistani military commanders have raised the issue with NATO commanders in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say