Pak security forces kill 6 Afghan-based militants
Islamabad: Afghan-based militants intruded into the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan, triggering a clash in which security forces gunned down six rebels, military sources said on Thursday.
The militants intruded into Kitkot area of Bajaur Agency late last night. The militants were encircled by Pakistani security forces, the sources said.
According to the latest reports, six militants were killed by the troops. The operation against the militants was continuing, the sources said.
The Pakistani military has said that Taliban elements based in Afghanistan were responsible for a string of recent attacks on border posts.
In one attack in the Dir area, the militants captured and beheaded 17 Pakistani troops.
Pakistani military commanders have raised the issue with NATO commanders in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh