Pak security forces kill five militants, capture 18
Peshawar: Continuing their crackdown in
the restive tribal areas bordering Afghanistan, Pakistani
security forces in an operation today killed five Taliban
fighters and captured 18 others, including two commanders,
official sources said.
The militants were killed and captured during an
operation conducted in Akakhel area of Khyber Agency, the
Several militants groups, including the
Lashkar-e-Islam and Ansar-ul-Islam, are active in the Khyber
Security forces have conducted several operations
against these groups over the past few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video