Pak security forces nab 10 suspects in Internet cafe attacks
Lahore: Law enforcement agencies have
arrested 10 suspects in connection with bomb attacks on
Internet cafes in this eastern Pakistani city, police
officials said on Sunday.
The suspects, who came to Lahore from Waziristan
tribal region, Abbotabad and other parts of northern Pakistan,
were arrested in Garhi Shahu area of Lahore, officials said.
Punjab police chief Tariq Saleem Dogar confirmed the
arrest of the suspects from Garhi Shahu.
He said a "massive operation" has been launched across
the province against banned groups and others involved in
"A good number of suspects have been taken into
custody so far," Dogar said, without giving details.
Police have extended a search operation for suspects
to the suburbs of Lahore.
DIG (Operations) Rao Sardar Ali Khan said the
house-to-house search is aimed at ascertaining how many
residents of these areas did not have identification papers.
Consolidated data gathered during the search will be
centralised and the record-keeping exercise will be completed
in about two weeks, he said.
Khan said the Tableeghi Markaz at Raiwind in Lahore
was not thoroughly searched but an extensive terrorism-related
operation had been launched in and around the area.
Reports have suggested that militant elements had
sheltered at the Tableeghi Markaz at Raiwind before carrying
out terror attacks in the city.
Six persons were injured when low intensity bombs went
off at Internet cafes in Garhi Shahu and Begum Kot areas of
Lahore on Saturday.
The Tehrik-e-Tahafuz-e-Pakistan claimed responsibility
for the attacks.
Meanwhile, security at Shia `imambargahs` or prayer
halls in Lahore has been intensified in the aftermath of a
suicide attack on an imambargah in Sargodha that killed one
person and injured nearly 20 more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog