Pak seeks Red Corner notice against Kasab
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday approached Interpol seeking Red Corner notices for arresting Ajmal Kasab and Fahim Ansari and the Pak court trying Lakhvi has adjourned the hearing to April 17.
This was stated by Special Public Prosecutor Malik Rab
Nawaz Moon as an anti-terrorism court conducting the trial of
the seven 26/11 attack accused, including LeT operations chief
Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, adjourned the hearing in the case till
The proceedings at the Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi,
where judge Malik Mohd Akram Awan is hearing the case for
security reasons, were adjourned after the prosecution sought
"maximum" time to challenge a Lahore High Court order that
said the trial of the seven suspects could not be separated
from that of Kasab and Ansari, who are currently in the
custody of Indian authorities.
The prosecution also said it needed time to challenge
the anti-terrorism court`s decision to dismiss its application
to name Kasab and Ansari as "proclaimed offenders" or
It said it intended to file challenges in the Lahore
High Court and Supreme Court.
Judge Awan gave the prosecution time till April 17 and
adjourned the matter.
During the proceedings, the prosecution said the
government had been approached to ask Interpol to issue Red
Corner notices for Ansari and Kasab.
Defence lawyers argued that Kasab and Ansari were not
fugitives as they were in the custody of Indian authorities.
Special Public Prosecutor Malik Rab Nawaz Moon later
said the Interpol had been approached today to issue Red
Corner notices against Kasab and Ansari.
"We are having meetings today and tomorrow and will
decide on approaching the High Court and Supreme Court to
challenge recent court orders," Noon told.
Apart from Lakhvi, the accused in the case in Pakistan
are Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jamil
Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan