Pak seeks to bridge trust deficit with US: Gilani
Islamabad: Pakistan wants to bridge an existing trust deficit and develop a solid framework for long -term relations during its upcoming strategic dialogue with the
US, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said.
"The objective of the strategic dialogue is to enhance the people-to-people strategic relationship, which will bridge the trust deficit," Gilani said yesterday while chairing a meeting of the country`s top civil and military leaders to develop a comprehensive and coordinated approach for the parleys.
Outlining his vision for the dialogue, Gilani said his government`s "objective is not only to upgrade the dialogue status, enhancing the Pakistan-US partnership to the ministerial level, but also to develop a solid and enduring framework for long-term Pakistan-US relations".
The Pakistan-US strategic dialogue is scheduled to be held on in Washington on March 24. The talks will cover economic, defence, security and social sectors, said a statement from the Prime Minister`s House.
A number of other proposals, such as a structured dialogue process envisaging cooperation with the US to review the status of ongoing programmes and projects, will be taken up in the talks.
Gilani directed concerned ministries to identify specific programmes and projects in each sector in line with short and long-term national development priorities. He instructed the ministries to clearly indicate priority areas that require support and technical aid.
Water and Power Minister Raja Parvaiz Ashraf, Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani and other top military and civil officers attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says