Pak seeks UK`s cooperation in arresting Musharraf
Islamabad: Pakistan has sought Britain`s
cooperation in arresting former President Pervez Musharraf
with its High Commissioner in London forwarding the warrant
issued by a court to the British Home Office.
The warrant dispatched by the Federal Investigation
Agency from Islamabad was received by the High commission
yesterday and forwarded to the British Home Office for
implementation, High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan said.
During the last hearing of the case related to the
assassination of former premier Benazir Bhutto, the
Rawalpindi-based anti-terrorism court ordered the FIA to
implement the arrest warrant and produce Musharraf before the
judge by March 19.
67-year-old Musharraf, who stepped down as President
in 2008, has been living in London in self-exile.
He was declared an "absconder" by the same
anti-terrorism court, which has issued arrest warrants for him
on three occasions to ensure his cooperation with
investigators probing Bhutto`s assassination.
He is currently believed to be in Dubai.
The former military ruler`s aides have said he has no
plans to return to Pakistan to join the court proceedings.
FIA officials have said that Musharraf has repeatedly
refused to cooperate into the probe into Bhutto’s killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off