Pak: `Siachen avalanche took less than 5 seconds`
Siachen: It took the avalanche less than five seconds to wreak havoc on the unfortunate soldiers posted at Gayari, said hydrological experts of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), the Express Tribune reported on Saturday.
Meanwhile, temperatures have dropped in Siachen, but despite the adverse weather conditions, the pace of rescue work remained unaffected.
The excavation work was carried out with the help of manpower and ‘material’, with an extensive search carried out at three spots.
Some life jackets, pieces of an igloo and medicines were found at the site. They were found 600 meters from what rescuers believe was the original location of the soldiers. The items recovered showed the magnitude of destruction and nature of the avalanche.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?