Pak: `Siachen avalanche took less than 5 seconds`
Siachen: It took the avalanche less than five seconds to wreak havoc on the unfortunate soldiers posted at Gayari, said hydrological experts of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), the Express Tribune reported on Saturday.
Meanwhile, temperatures have dropped in Siachen, but despite the adverse weather conditions, the pace of rescue work remained unaffected.
The excavation work was carried out with the help of manpower and ‘material’, with an extensive search carried out at three spots.
Some life jackets, pieces of an igloo and medicines were found at the site. They were found 600 meters from what rescuers believe was the original location of the soldiers. The items recovered showed the magnitude of destruction and nature of the avalanche.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog