Pak: `Siachen avalanche took less than 5 seconds`
Siachen: It took the avalanche less than five seconds to wreak havoc on the unfortunate soldiers posted at Gayari, said hydrological experts of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), the Express Tribune reported on Saturday.
Meanwhile, temperatures have dropped in Siachen, but despite the adverse weather conditions, the pace of rescue work remained unaffected.
The excavation work was carried out with the help of manpower and ‘material’, with an extensive search carried out at three spots.
Some life jackets, pieces of an igloo and medicines were found at the site. They were found 600 meters from what rescuers believe was the original location of the soldiers. The items recovered showed the magnitude of destruction and nature of the avalanche.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29