Pak: `Siachen avalanche took less than 5 seconds`
Siachen: It took the avalanche less than five seconds to wreak havoc on the unfortunate soldiers posted at Gayari, said hydrological experts of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), the Express Tribune reported on Saturday.
Meanwhile, temperatures have dropped in Siachen, but despite the adverse weather conditions, the pace of rescue work remained unaffected.
The excavation work was carried out with the help of manpower and ‘material’, with an extensive search carried out at three spots.
Some life jackets, pieces of an igloo and medicines were found at the site. They were found 600 meters from what rescuers believe was the original location of the soldiers. The items recovered showed the magnitude of destruction and nature of the avalanche.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt