Pak: `Siachen avalanche took less than 5 seconds`
Siachen: It took the avalanche less than five seconds to wreak havoc on the unfortunate soldiers posted at Gayari, said hydrological experts of the Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), the Express Tribune reported on Saturday.
Meanwhile, temperatures have dropped in Siachen, but despite the adverse weather conditions, the pace of rescue work remained unaffected.
The excavation work was carried out with the help of manpower and ‘material’, with an extensive search carried out at three spots.
Some life jackets, pieces of an igloo and medicines were found at the site. They were found 600 meters from what rescuers believe was the original location of the soldiers. The items recovered showed the magnitude of destruction and nature of the avalanche.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town