Pak supports peaceful use of N-energy by Iran: Gilani
Beijing: Pakistan supports "peaceful use" of
nuclear technology by Iran, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani
has said, as he backed enhanced energy and trade ties with
Tehran, which is facing international sanctions.
Gilani said Pakistan is desirous of enhancing its
bilateral relations with Iran, especially in energy and trade.
He said realisation of Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project
will open new vistas of cooperation.
Gilani said "Pakistan wants to enhance trade relations
with Iran," and stressed for increasing it up to five billion
dollars, the APP reported. He said Pakistan supports peaceful
use of nuclear technology by Iran.
Gilani expressed these views while talking to Iranian
Vice President, Mohammad Javad Mohammadizadeh, as the two
leaders met in Boao`s seaside resort city on the sidelines of
Boao Forum for Asia, to be held tomorrow.
He said Pakistan attaches great importance to its
relations with Iran that is deep-rooted in the realms of
history, culture and brotherhood.
"Pakistan is currently facing energy shortage," Gilani
said, noting that the 1,000 MW electricity being supplied from
Iran to Pakistan`s Balochistan province, would prove helpful
in overcoming the energy shortage. He called for joint
Pak-Iran efforts to ensure a peaceful and prosperous region.
He suggested that the opening of Pakistan`s consulate in
Bandar Abbas would not only facilitate the people but would
also reduce the road distance by 1,000 kilometres.
He said Pakistan wants to maintain good ties with its
neighbours including Iran, Afghanistan, China and India and
called for joint efforts for the stability in Afghanistan.
He said Iran had completed its work on Iran-Pakistan gas
pipeline and urged Pakistan to expedite from its side.
The US has and its allies have accused Iran of trying to
develop nuclear weapons. Tehran says its atomic programme is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva