Pak Supreme Court questions `competence of intel agencies`
Islamabad: The Pakistani Supreme Court has raised serious questions about the competence of intelligence agencies, and added that someone must be held responsible for the failure to protect the people of Balochistan.
Conducting the hearing of the Hazara killings suo moto case, Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry remarked if former chief minister Nawab Aslam Raisani could be held responsible for a previous attack, then why not the prime minister or the governor for the recent one.
He also said the court would not order deployment of army in Balochistan, adding it would not go beyond its limit, the Nation reports.
According to the paper, Chaudhry expressed dissatisfaction over the response from the interior and defence secretaries.
He asked Interior Secretary Khawaja Siddique Akbar and Deputy Attorney General Shafi Chandio to submit a detailed report on the questions of the competence of intelligence agencies during the course of the day, to the Registrar Office.
According to the paper, Interior Secretary Khawaja Akbar and Defence Secretary Lt-Gen (retired) Asif Yasin Malik could not satisfy the chief justice as to why the intelligence agencies failed to gather information about those targeting the Hazara community.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list