Pak Taliban claims responsibility for killing Chinese woman
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban on Thursday
claimed responsibility for the killing of a Chinese woman in
the northwestern city of Peshawar, saying she was shot dead in
retaliation for alleged atrocities by Chinese forces in
restive Xinjiang province.
Taliban spokesman Mohammad Afridi told the media that the
woman was killed to avenge "atrocities" by Chinese security
forces in Xinjiang, where 20 people died in violence earlier
Police in Peshawar have said they believe militants were
behind the killing of the Chinese woman and her Pakistani
companion in a crowded market in Peshawar on Tuesday.
Hua Jiang, the 42-year-old Chinese woman, was shot dead
with Suleman Shams, a student of the prestigious Government
College in Lahore.
Reports said the Chinese woman was a student of Beijing
University and was on a vacation in Peshawar. Shams was
apparently acting as her interpreter.
This was the second attack on Chinese nationals in
Peshawar in a little over four years.
Three Chinese men were killed in the city in July 2007.
China`s Foreign Office has taken the incident seriously
and called on Pakistan to investigate the crime and spare no
effort in bringing the perpetrators to justice.
It also sought "credible measures" to ensure the safety
of Chinese institutions and nationals in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India