Pak Taliban `creates suicide bombers in 30 mins’
Islamabad: The Taliban`s "master recruiter" has boasted of his expertise at swaying people to terror, saying he can turn a young man into a suicide bomber in just half-an-hour.
Qari Hussain, who was placed on the US State Department`s terrorist blacklist last week, also claimed that he possesses an army of 5,000 suicide bombers awaiting his command, The Sun reports.
Hussain, who is also considered to be the deadliest of the Pakistan Taliban`s (TTP) commanders, is reportedly known not only for recruiting children to join death missions, but also for being an expert suicide bomb "teacher".
According to reports, Pakistani journalist Rahimulla Yusufzai has revealed that Hussain had boasted of his skills in a telephone conversation while giving an interview for a new documentary about the terror threat in Pakistan.
"Qari Hussain told me himself that he was surprised at how successful suicide missions have been for the Taliban. Young people who agree to be suicide bombers - the numbers are really big,” he said.
"They were relatively unknown in Pakistan four years ago - but he said he has improved his technique. He said he can now turn a young man into a suicide bomber in just half an hour,” Yusufzai added.
Hussain is believed to be behind the huge increase in suicide attacks in Pakistan and personally beheads enemies, the report said.
The US State Department had placed Qari Hussain on the terrorism blacklist because of his alleged role in training Jordanian militant Humam Muhammad Abu Mulal al Balawi who had killed seven CIA officials in Afghanistan in 2009 by exploding himself at their secret base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe